Bethesda's Starfield: Update 22.214.171.124 Patch Notes
Bethesda has released a significant patch for their space RPG, Starfield, aimed at fixing a multitude of bugs that have been present since the game's launch last year. This update, known as Starfield Update 126.96.36.199, signals the commencement of Bethesda's commitment to deliver regular updates every six weeks.
As of January 18, 2024, the update is accessible in the Steam Beta and is expected to be available on all platforms in the forthcoming two weeks, though Bethesda has yet to announce a precise date.
Key Updates in Starfield 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed the player character's blinking issue in third-person view.
- Smoothed out occasional animation glitches in third-person.
Creature and Enemy Fixes:
- Resolved invisibility issues for certain creatures on some planets.
- Adjusted enemy behaviors to ensure they fall correctly when defeated.
Crew and Companion Fixes:
- Improved crew and companion positioning post-fast travel.
- Eliminated potential control lock during simultaneous companion interaction and ship exit attempts.
- Addressed a variety of issues including PC saving problems, rare save game corruptions, control locks, and visual glitches.
- Enhanced overall game stability.
- Upgraded widescreen support and visual details, such as stars, shadows, and character textures.
- Fixed terrain glitches and other issues affecting outpost functionality.
- Corrected Phased Time power issues and refined the Solar Flare Power's critical hit interaction.
Quest and Encounter Improvements:
- Rectified a multitude of quest and random encounter bugs, ensuring smoother progression and interactions.
Ship and Customization Fixes:
- Addressed combat and customization issues, including asteroid tracking and space combat difficulty scaling.
- Resolved Rejuvenation skill VFX repetition and made corrections to the Surveying challenge.
Weapon and Item Fixes:
- Fixed weapon reload amounts, scope FOV, ongoing sound effects after enemy defeat, and turret state restoration.
The update is currently being tested in Steam Beta and will become available to all players shortly. Stay tuned for the official release of Starfield Update 184.108.40.206.