Signal Private Messenger
Varies with device
Signal Private Messenger review
Signal Private Messenger is a free and open source mobile app that offers end-to-end encryption and a simple user interface. It was originally released as an Android app, with an iOS version of the app released on September 14, 2016.
Signal Private Messenger offers a variety of features that make it an excellent secure messaging app.
The first feature is the ability to send encrypted messages. Signal Private Messenger uses end-to-end encryption, which means that a message is encrypted on one person's device and is only decrypted once it's received by the intended recipient. The second feature is that Signal Private Messenger also offers encrypted voice calls. The third and final feature is the ability to create groups.
Signal Private Messenger offers a simplistic design that is easy to understand. The user interface consists of three columns: the main screen, a list of contacts, and a list of message threads. The chat screen displays the most recent messages in a conversation, and contact lists can be sorted by name or date. Signal Private Messenger also offers a dark mode.
Information about usability
Signal Private Messenger is available for Android and iOS. Signal Private Messenger is free and open-source and can be downloaded from their website. Signal Private Messenger can be used to send secure messages and encrypted voice calls. Signal Private Messenger can also create groups.
- Offers end-to-end encryption, which means that messages are encrypted on one person's device and are only decrypted once they are received by the intended recipient
- Offers encrypted voice calls
- Also offers the ability to create groups
- Offers a simplistic design that is easy to use
- Is free and open-source and can be downloaded from their website
- Offers a dark mode.
- Is available for Android and iOS
- Is not available for Windows phones
- Is not always logged in
- Is free and open-source, it is possible to view the code on GitHub
- Does not have an offline mode
- Even if someone deletes their messages, they can still be accessed from the recipient's device